Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cascade Reverie

The first and second winter storms have passed over us already here in Lakota Country, spreading a foot of snow at my house. The fifty mile and hour wind gusts have re-arranged the landscape here, to billowing, graceful sculptures, in shades of whites and deep blue. Gone now are the Dragonflies- Susweca (pronounced sutswetcha) in Lakota.

All that is left to remind me of their sleek and agile beauty is the lovely present with which JhonDuane thoughtfully gifted me:


 

 Now is the time of closing in, and sitting by the fire as I am tonight. The cold winds blow and swirl around the little house, but I am cozy and warm... curled in my quilts by the fire, and lost in a winter evening's dusk, dreaming of a Cascade Reverie:





















No comments: